Friday, May 15, 2009

I stand alone as my lungs fill with the dry summer air. A heavy heart and cold sigh have just possessed me. I look towards the moon amidst the scant patches of clouds. It just doesn't look beautiful. I stare straight ahead blankly, at the half finished concrete structure. The kids scream as they play and vehicles honk and dodge them. The reality has slapped me right across my face many times. Every single time I protest, with a faint hope in my heart, wishing it should not be this way, as its not right. My head feels numb again, yes I always get this feeling when I am low or furious. A voice inside me says, its been so many years, why don't you just give up and face the reality and accept life the way it is, it only says this so that it can ease my pain and I should not suffer again. Its hard to give up on that hope, the tiny rebel in me survives only on that, wishing, yes wishing against wish, that the life of my dreams does exist.

1 comment:

Kakshi said...

Reading this post after so many years.. I see how I have changed.. that rebel is long dead, the voice silenced since so long that I don't even remember.. I know something died inside me.. and I have changed, I am not the same person.. but whether I have changed for good or bad.. I do not know.. all I know that it's different.. I am different!