Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I complained that traveling for 40kms each side to my office, never left me with enough time to blog. I would leave my home at 8am in the morning and would not reach earlier than 8:30pm often. I would normally sleep in the bus, which was a good way to spend the 4hours of travel. However, today I thought as I haven’t been giving myself the creative freedom that my restless mind deserved, I decided to put my mind to work and blog while my back aches during this journey.

 

I had to write about many things, a year back I was to write about our short vacation, to my birthplace followed by little adventures I had in Ujjain, Dewas & Indore. But I never got myself to writing it. Now, I wait to write about my Australia travel, a 15 day official visit to Gold Coast.

 

One thing I cannot get myself to write about is a trip, the reason is that, my mind starts to race and it floods with multiple thoughts and feelings. To top it being a software engineer, I feel laziness is not a bad habit it’s just my birth-right and it’s morally correct to be lazy.

 

Yawn! We are stuck in a jam, and my bus is crawling and I am getting distracted, a couple of guys are watching Phoonk on the seat right behind me. I hate horror movies, although I find them thrilling and I enjoy them.

 

I don’t mind confessing, that I couldn’t sleep alone at night. I needed someone at least in the house if not in the same room. I have always stayed with my parents and only for couple of years I was in a boarding school where almost 40 girls slept in the dormitory.

 

Well, the Australia trip at least taught me to sleep alone, in a room all by myself, and I am proud of it, and my bus still crawls, I assume the clock will strike 9pm today; I have a gut feeling we are going to set a record ;)

 

 Its festival season in Maharashtra, with the 6th day of Ganpati festival, we do expect a lot traffic because of the celebrations. On second thoughts I want to close this laptop and watch the colourful pandals erected outside :D and I succumb to the temptation. J

 

Bye..

 

Oh damn! Looks like I missed the major pandals on the road, now we will hit the highway and I don’t reckon we will see a lot of them there, and also I need to get my mind onto something, the sounds of the horror movie behind makes me feel creepy!!

 

P.S: I am watching Horton hears a Who!! :)

4 comments:

Maverick said...

Heeh!! I did not know you were allowed movies on the bus.. Thats a good idea though.. WHO whould have thought of that :).. 40 Kms a long way, so many things to think about!! Good to have you back.. I am waiting to see your Australia trip :)!

Anonymous said...

Hi ,

I was reading ur blog posts and found some of them to be very good.. u write well.. Why don't you popularize it more.. ur posts on ur blog ‘Kakshi’ took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;

BTW I help out some ex-IIMA guys who with another batch mate run www.rambhai.com where you can post links to your most loved blog-posts. Rambhai was the chaiwala at IIMA and it is a site where users can themselves share links to blog posts etc and other can find and vote on them. The best make it to the homepage!

This way you can reach out to rambhai readers some of whom could become your ardent fans.. who knows.. :)

Cheers,

Kakshi said...

If IBM Were to ban movies on the bus.. toh inqalaab aa jaata! Ek toh utna duur travel karo upar se bus mein movie bhi nahi dekhne milti toh pata nahi kya hota!

Kakshi said...

Thanks Ray..