Wednesday, February 20, 2008

She looked at him, her sparkling eyes smiled. He always lost himself in her eyes. She smiled and said, "Yes, I understand everything, now that I have experienced it." He playfully sighed and winked at her, she softly punched him, and both of them laughed. She said "You know what, I feel light, I feel very light." He said, "Yup, I know, you simply complicated things, and burdened yourself." She smiled approvingly and said, "I am such a nut!" He grinned and said "Was!" She giggled and said, "Ya, I was such a nut! I hope I stay this way! I wonder how you do it?" He said "Its easy, just don't do too much of thinking. Thinking is good, but don't overdo it. One important thing, think logically and not emotionally." She said "I guess emotions come bundled with girls, its like 'ek girl ke saath free mein aate hain' " and she laughed. He said "If they are free, you shouldn't feel bad in getting rid of them, after all they don't cost you a thing, rite?" She smiled and nodded approvingly.
They sat there sipping their coffees, and looking at the city passing them by, she thought how she was one of them, running forever, initially she thought, if she has to be in the city, she has to run, its implicit, thats what the world expects from you. Until, he came in her life and clarified things, he taught her to live for herself, she was living for others, who didn't even care about her, and at times didn't even remember her name. She closed her eyes, it was bliss, being in the city and still not being part of the maddening rush, she felt calm and peaceful.
She opened her eyes, and looked at him, he was enjoying the music, she hadn't even realised there were songs playing, she was so engrossed in her thoughts. She cleared her mind, and let the music and coffee fill her senses.
After a while, they left the coffee shop, he held her hand, she looked at their hands, and thought how her hand fitted his so well. On their way back, when they stopped at a signal, she spotted a huge ad, "Tata Safari - RECLAIM YOUR LIFE!"
She smiled.

No comments: