Thursday, March 23, 2006


DEATH!
What is death?
Why do we all fear death?
But then its a destination which we all share!
We all do fear Death, but the irony is, at the same time we take it very lightly. Its not uncommon to hear people say things like "Oh! It scared me to death!" "Dear I love you so much I can die for you!" blah blah blah... It really makes me wonder. Have you ever come face to face with death and just escaped?! If not then ask those who have. I bet they are the happiest people alive coz they are the ones who have seen death in the face and yet have escaped.

I dont mean to say, that you sit in a corner and drool over 'death'. But, think about it. Its the most uncertain and at the same time the most definite thing. It can occur anywhere, anytime and at the same time it has to come someday tomorrow, today, rather right now! It doesnt see whether you are a politician, a celebrity, a mother, a philosopher... its there. Its one of the harsh truths of life. Lets face it!

I haven't seen though but I have heard and I know its reality! What happens when a person dies? -> People cry. Why do they cry? -> Because they have lost a loved one. and so on... But mark my words "Because they have lost a loved one". Its never the sorrow of a human being's death, its always the sorrow of self pity. I might have not put it that well. I never considered myself to be really good with words. But I know you have got it. If you think you havent then hey, stop pretending!

People say "live each day as if it were your last", hah.. easier said than done..isn't it. Almost 90% of us have a monotonous life. We get up everyday, brush our teeth, have tea/coffee/milk, read newspaper, comment on Sachin's score or Mallika's dress, have a bath, eat breakfast, go to office, work, get back home, watch tv, have dinner, argue with your wife/husband/yourself, go off to sleep. Tell me where do you have the time to think that this day might be your last. Even if it was, it wont make any difference, you will be dead, people will grieve some for a month, another for a day and someone not even for a minute. Apart from all this, tell me do you even have the courage to think of what would happen if you were to die today?! I know you would shrug it off and make some interruption your excuse and complain later "Oh! I was in deep thought, when suddenly I got a very important call." I really appreciate our capability of making excuses and sometimes I have seen such lame excuses popping out of a person's mouth that I feel disgusted, man go get a life for God's sake!

So, its crystal clear, it never did and it never will make a difference to anyone when you die. They will keep on living the way they want to and why not even you would do the same and so will I, well that's the fact isnt it?!

DEATH! Really doesnt make a difference. Does it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with you on that.
In fact I did reflect on this some time ago, n came to the conclusion that the only people really affected by my death will be my immediate family - parents n bro. It doesn't make a difference to anyone else!

Kakshi said...

Thanx...
Im happy someone agrees..
I thot it was too revolting :D